Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Super Duper Nervous!

Well its confirmed now-I am teaching a workshop (6 hours) at Redlands Art Center and Gallery on February 28, 2009! I have taught classes before but never a 6 hour one!LOL So I need to get to work and get some inspiration going on my end.
I am not as nervous about the workshop though as I am about the Program! A few days before the workshop I am going to display some of my work and do an actual demonstration-yikes! In front of people-YIKES!!! Did I say YIKES??????? I am a very social person. But, get me in front of a crowd and I can't speak. I guess I am gonna have to say alot of prayers!LOL I used to teach some classes and of course did some demoing at stamp shows and felt very comfortable with that-but that was a long time ago and I am really out of practice.
I am sure once I get comfortable with how I am going to do the demo (of course got to plan all that out) I will feel more at ease. But still-YIKES!!!!
I spoke to the lady today about it and we were laughing about it-it should be a fun group-hopefully I will be able to loosen up :)

4 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Congratulations! I think you will be fabulous!
chris p

Sherry said...

This is wonderful Kristy!! You have time now to get the jitters out there and by the time February rolls around and you are leading this demonstration you'll feel like you're doing it in your sleep!!

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

I'll be there! I've told you before that you should teach a class at RAA, and now you are teaching a workshop and doing a program. How exciting! I can't wait. It's right after my birthday, so I already know what I'm asking for as a birthday gift! What a wonderful present to me! An afternoon with Kristy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! This is awesome. You will have some very lucky students.