Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Kira's Art Journaling workshop


As I mentioned a few days ago, I signed up for Samantha Kira's Art Journaling workshop that she is doing online. I actually bound a journal yesterday for this.........despite the fact I already have one and even had quite a few pages all prepped. I just felt like making a journal yesterday so I dragged out my bookbinding materials and made one while Gillian was napping.

I used that for this page-this book is smaller than I am accustomed to, but I like it. I will be honest-this is a bit out of my comfort zone though! I normally do art journaling that has more to do with collages and trying new techniques. I realize there's nothing wrong with that, but.......I guess the good thing about this is that I will be able to loosen up more and just be myself and maybe get in touch with myself more. Lately I have been doing ALOT of that-so this is good timing.

This week's assignment was about our Journaling space.
It was great to get the Ipod out with my beloved 80's tunes and just create for a while!
I look forward to doing more :)


2 comments:

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

I love the colors in this page -- it looks so inviting and soothing. Of course, I haven't even started! Every time I sit down to create, something goes wrong. I think I'm destined to be behind all workshop.

Jennifer said...

Wonderful page, Kristy! Boy, I need to get crackin' on my first lesson page, too LOL!