Friday, June 6, 2008

No Trespassing


This "spilling" thing is really going deeper! Its kinda scary! This page is venting out feelings I have had for a long time. I am shaking just doing this, but to confront these feelings feels great. I had some emotional abuse growing up, and (gulp) I have always sort of felt rejected. Its something VERY difficult for me. To protect myself from being hurt, I throw up barriers. I don't mean to, but in the end, it makes things horribly painful for me. Anyway, thats what this page is about.
The Photo on this page is one that I took this past week, on the way to one of Gillian's appointments. There is this abandoned building and I always love passing by it, just to see the cool graffiti.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome page! I think it is incredible that you know the feelings you are feeling and being able to identify them. Beautifully done!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Kristy-I love the intensity of this page. And the one with the face-I am just me- is incredible as well. You are getting your voice through your art. Love the rest of the journal pages and your samples for Inka-beautiful. I am behind in my blog reading due to storms ad flooding, but what a pleasure to catch up with yours! Great work!!
hugs, chris

Lyn said...

I love your page!!!It's funny what we see on the way to going somewhere else, I see art in everything too. Keep journaling, it is great therapy.

Anonymous said...

Great eye- your page looks amazing!! I think that journaling is therapeutic too...keep on going!

Art By Wanda said...

Wow!! Kristy, this is fabulous as is all the art you've been sharing lately!!! You are an inspiration!!!! I also love the pics of the kids on the horse... they are sure growing up.

Anonymous said...

Love this one too. I admire you or maybe envy you for taking on some more "deeper" challenges in journaling. I really have a hard time with that and can't seem to get to that point most of the time. I should but it's just easier to avoid I guess. :)

Gaby Bee said...

What a gorgeous page. Love the colors and the composition. Great stuff!

Carmen said...

Kristy, this page is beautiful! The colors are perfect.

xo,

Carmen

Inka said...

I so admire your ability to work so close to your feelings. This page is amazing and so inspires me to try a journal but I fear I could never capture my feelings the way you do. You are truly an artist of the highest level and that is a height we all would like to attain.

Nona said...

Now I understand why I was so taken by this image on Flickr. I, too, experienced abuse as a child and built walls to protect my Self. It's a hard row to hoe, but facing up to the emotions is the way to process them.
Amazing journaling!
Cheers
Nona, in New Zealand

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us.