Sunday, January 21, 2007

By golly I did it :)

I took my artwork to the museum , that is :)
I had to go through about 6 tables-the first ones take your art and check it out. they oohed and aahhed over it-particularly the "letters home" and they loved the crow :)
Anyway, this is juried. I knew that. She told me she really thought I had a great chance of getting in, but that if for some reason I didn't to not get discouraged. But she didn't think I had anything to worry about. All in all, I feel really good about it. I am excited that I took this step. I got some excellent feedback yesterday-I took the artwork for my hairdresser to see, and another hairdresser who works here,is a guy who belongs to the art assoc. that is sponsoring this show-he had nothing but good to say about my artwork (he is a hairdresser where I go) and assured me I would do VERY well there. So , so far it all seems very positive. I should hear back soon as the show begins Thursday. So, send me some positive vibes folks :)
This is exciting stuff! and I am proud of myself for taking this step. Many thanks to my old friend Kat for encouraging me to do this :)

3 comments:

Elis Cooke said...

Congrats! Great step forward! Sending good vibes! I especially love the letter piece below! namaste Elis.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's a huge step to take, and you SHOULD be proud of yourself! The artwork is all gorgeous so you should do great.

Babsarella said...

Wishing you lots of luck!!! Looking forward to hearing more about it!