Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mixed Emotions on selling artwork & I got an award!

Today was the Artists Reception for the Art show-I won a Purchase award for my "Solace!" How fun !! It was even for the piece I Agonized over...........I almost did not take that piece.
While I was down the street for the awards ceremony, I went back to the gallery to find that My
"Wayland's Watching" had sold. Wow! The show only opened officially yesterday.
There is something about selling a piece.......I have felt this way every time. Such a part of me goes into my artwork. Its hard to let my artwork go.........but at the same time, its such a humbling thing to know that people like my art enough to pay for it!LOL Its hard to describe, really. This past year I feel I have grown tremendously as an artist. I have done lots of experimenting and have gained more confidence. I learned a little more about the people who bought my art-its kind of cool to sort of "get to know" these people. The lady who purchased My "Solace" owned a gallery of her own, and as far as I have learned, is an art dealer. Wow! I am just so flattered. The lady who purchased my art today, is a great artist. She's been in many shows herself and has had art in quite a few galleries nationally. So, talk about being humbled. Its just so flattering to have these people , who have "been around the block" in the art world purchase my artwork. What an honor that is.

7 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Congratulations Kristy!!!! Exciting news!!!
chris p

Carmen said...

Congrats on the sales!!! Your art work is fantastic, I'm not surprised it sold. I'm so glad I got to help name a piece that sold. lol

Here's to many, many more sales and pieces of you being shared with the world!!!

xo,

Carmen

Seth said...

Congrats on these sales kristy. That is such wonderful news.

Art By Wanda said...

I'm so happy for you!!!

Bethel of Bethania said...

Congratulations Kristy - well deserved win for you and also what a wonderful feeling you must have selling your pieces - keep the art flowing ... luv ... B

Mary S. Hunt said...

You GO GIRL! Fantastic feeling isn't it!!!

You have just begun m'dear! JUST begun....

Sandie R said...

Congratulations Kristy. As you say, to be recognized by those who have been "around the block" must be a wonderful feeling.