Monday, March 12, 2007

working on something for another show


Here it is SO far.........my muse went nuts on Saturday night and I did this. I have to get the move on this as I want to get one more done and I still have to have them photographed (professionally) to put on disk and send in to be juried. So far I think this is coming out fantastic. Its for our National Orange show-the main pic in this is my great grandfather. He was the manager of a Sunkist Warehouse back in the late 1800s-early 1900s. This canvas is large for me, and its been a bit scary to do. Its 14x18. The images of the oranges are transferred to the canvas directly, as is the "eat california oranges" on it. I am really trying to give this a vintage feel. The round thing behind my grandfather's head is actually a piece of the packing that they used to package the oranges. I put it there to draw attention immediately to him. I think I accomplished that :) Its just about done, but needs some finishing touches, then I can move on to the next project :)

What do you think of him so far?


No comments: