Saturday, February 23, 2008

Step Outside your box Saturdays-Fabric


This was a hard one! But, since I recently did a inkjet transfer to fabric I thought I would do another one and incorporate it into a collage. The brown piece behind the collage is one of those frame thingies that old photos come in-I cut it into two pieces, to use another for later :) I handstitched the image transfer to the substrate-which is a piece of canvas with old text adhered to it.

The little girls are from a favorite photo from my own collection. I very often use photos from my very large collection and add color to them ,etc :)

10 comments:

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Thanks for visiting my site. I love your fabric inkjet transfers, I haven't tried that yet, but want to someday. I love the vintage look. Renea

johanna said...

love the colors; great transfer, and i always love stitching.

Anonymous said...

Awesome transfer!! The colors are incredible. Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

oh - this is great! Love the image and the stitching!

Viola said...

Wonderful piece, Kristy!

Heather Robinson said...

Kristy, the detailing on this tag is gorgeous. I love the look of the transfer...you've inspired me to give it a try. Sure appreciate your sweet comments on my blog.

A Note From The Queen said...

I love it Kristy, that transfer turned out fabulous. I'm so glad you played this week.

Vintage Papers said...

this is beautiful! also love your avatar! lucky you! :)

Helis mixed media said...

this is wonderful! love the colors! I really need to try fabric transfer too :)

Rosie said...

Wow! I love this piece... vibrant and looks very tactile too! I haven't tried that technique yet *sighs* - maybe one day!