Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fixing Gilly's glasses the creative way LOL


Gillian has had glasses since she was 8 months old.........the only problem is that she won't wear them! She broke them over a year ago-I think she was playing with them or something!

Anyway, her teacher told me today that she feels like she needs to be wearing them as she is not seeing things close up very well. Gillian is overdue to see the Opthamologist, so I called and I am getting her in next week. Anyway, I had an idea! I fixed Gillian's glasses with USPS mailing tape (its VERY strong) but I cut it so I just used the white part of the tape-the blue and red stuff would have looked SO stupid. Then I went by the Scrapbook store and grabbed these "Sticky Stitches" things-its like braided embroidery floss stuff that has adhesive on it-and I put it over the tape to disguise it! Had to put it on both sides to make it looked balanced! Taa Daaaaaaa! Now she can wear them LOL You can see it in the picture on each side LOL I hope it doesn't look too silly!

5 comments:

K said...

awesome idea!

A Note From The Queen said...

LOL I love it Kristy! My daughter once lost one of the nose pads off her glasses so I took one of those pop dots and only removed the backing from one side and thats how she wore them for almost 2 weeks till we got them fixed. LOL Oh the things our creative minds come up with huh? LOL

Passionforstamping said...

Great idea Kristy! And you tell Gillian that I think she looks so cute in her glasses.

Art By Wanda said...

I think they look very cute!! What a great idea!!

Inka said...

How clever and she is just a doll in them!