Tuesday, July 24, 2007

String Masked Background

I did this after seeing a blog (scrapperlicious) and was inspired to mask using some string for a background. I did it differently than on the blog-but I liked the end result. Its kind of cool looking! I just used some ordinary string that I had in my kitchen-cut off some pieces, and sponged (make up sponges work great) some distress inks over them onto the cardstock.

I sort of moved the string around to make it look more random. I used 3 different colored coordinating inks. Then I stamped on it-simple as that.

I crumpled up some old dictionary text (thats layered on the card) and sponged on Mohagany ink, spritzed it a bit with water and speed dried with my heat gun, then went over it again directly with the ink pad to give it an old look.

I finished this off with just a line of a pitt pen around the stamped image.

No comments: