Wednesday, July 11, 2007

In a Funk

Ugh..........I HATE feeling like this. I am in a major funk right now. I think all this with Gillian has caught up with me-I am just feeling so overwhelmed. And I have not done really any art in a while. I have done some stamping projects-like for a couple swaps , but other than that I really feel like I have not accomplished anything art wise. I have about 6 different canvas here that I have started but need to be c0mpleted. That BUGS me. I want so bad to complete an art project! I want some time to myself, like even a few hours, where I can just be in "my zone" and create to my hearts content. I SO miss that. For a while I was getting to do art everyday and it was so soothing to my soul. Feeling like this, its hard to even start a project. But I know once I start I could really put my soul into it and create something good. That is what happened back in January and it got me into my first art show. Its such a great release. I was trying to tell a non-artist friend about this-its hard to describe to someone who doesn't do art. It probably comes out sounding nuts! There is just something SO healing about it. I think I will just work a short time today then try to get some art time in while Gillian and Aidan are at summer school. For my own sanity, I may just need to do that each day for a while. I may need to challenge myself or something. I need to get out of this funk.

3 comments:

Pattyjo said...

Boy...I hear you! I have been going through the same thing. It will go away I know, but it just seems endless now.

Anonymous said...

Kristy, I know what you mean about being in a funk...hate it too. As I was reading I thought what you need is someone to watch your kids for a bit so you can work. Then the idea popped in my head...are there any mother's day out programs at any of the local churches? Or does the YMCA have an afternoon program that your kids could go to a couple days a week. Just a couple of ideas that might help. Hang in there. It will pass.

K said...

hugs!!!