Monday, February 26, 2007

Longing for Spring


At least that is how I am feeling today-looking outside at the overcast, somewhat moist weather.

Its the first time today in over a week that I have done anything creative. A week without a computer and a sick child really had me feeling isolated last week :(

But today, after Gillian went to preschool I was determined to do a little something. I got my Color Mists out and did some playing. These colors are so scrumptious!

This is 5x7 on matboard. Not my usual substrate, but I wanted to do something a little different, so grabbed out a piece. I have loads of matboard, as I used to use it all the time for making my little books, as well as collage. My preference really these days is Canvas for my collages. But this was fun for a change :)

Its got some stamping on this, image transfer (the dandelion) and layers layers layers.


"Longing For Spring" 5x7 on matboard

4 comments:

Babsarella said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the pretty bright colors! It reminds me very much of Traci Bautista's work.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the colors! It reminds me of Traci's work as well (which I love!) Great job!

Beth M :)

MarilynH said...

sounds like your week last week was no fun at all! My oldest son was bummed that the groundhog was WRONG this year. he thought for sure spring would be here by now. Its been snowing here this week. yuck.
Your color playing is gorgeous! I have not tried those. You know, my favorite surface is scrap curragated cardboard! LOL I have some canvases, I just need to get going on them---they feel like they should be for the real-serious-big-project, ya know? LOL

K said...

great colors! Great art!