Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Photographing the Future"


This is 11x14 on canvas-VERY hard to get a good photo on this one.

My husband pointed out to me that the photographer herself is from a different time period than the people in the actual photos. I had to explain to him that the beauty of art (especially collage art) that EVERYTHING does NOT need to be accurate-and I told him she could be photographing the future, so that is the name I chose for it. That is one of the reasons I LOVE this medium-you can do whatever you want!
Lots of texture on this one-it does not show up in the photo. Layers of paint, old text underneath........ohhhhhhhhhh!!! :)

10 comments:

Jodi said...

This is so gorgeous -- I love the mix of eras... Beautiful work, Kristy!

Unknown said...

I love what you have done. I am trying to move from my journal to a canvas, but have not had the guts yet.... Thanks for sharing this...its incredible.

Holly said...

Kristy, you're so right...anything goes with altered art and your canvas is stunning! I love it :)

Kate Carvellas said...

this is fantabulous Kristy! Love the colors and the composition. Wonderful!

Artefaque: (är'tə-fākt') * said...

This is inspiring! Thank you so much!

Elizabeth Golden said...

I love this. I would buy this from you. I am a woman photographer and would love to have something like this.

Seth said...

Fantastic Kristy. I would love to see this one up close.

Sandie R said...

This is wonderful Krisy and as Jodi said great mix of eras

basia said...

Wonderful ambiance....excellent

Rika said...

Wonderful piece!!