Thursday, January 10, 2008

Stamping fun and something great happened today



I did a little bit of stamping today with some images from Inka Stamps

I LOVE her Alice In Wonderland stuff so was excited to play with some of them today.

Also did another one with a really neat Medieval type woman.


I am SUPER excited today -when I volunteered in Gillian's class today-I was working with a little down's syndrome boy as I usually do, and the teacher called me over because "Some of the kids would like to read to you" she said. So one little boy read to me and I praised him, then we were done and it turns out GILLIAN was going to read to me next! I cannot believe it! She READ to me! Apparently they started reading this week. Short words of course-Cat, hat, sat, mat-but she sounds them out and everything! What a surprise! I had no idea that was what they were doing . I honestly did not expect her to start reading until next year. I guess I really under estimate her abilities. Thats probably how she can push my buttons so well LOL

3 comments:

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

Great news about Gillian. I'm so excited for both of you! Great stamping, too.

Inka said...

How fabulous that Gillian is doing so well. I am sure you were busting your buttons! Nothing like a child to put everything in prospective. I also have to say I just love the cards! Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

Kristy, these are fabulous!!!! Love the cards! I already knew about Gillian and have say again that it is awesome!! Way to go, Gillian!!