Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Gelli on Canvas


So I purchased some loose canvas a few months back to have on hand-you know, the kind you  get at the fabric store by the yard? Anyway, I have been dying to use it for some different stuff. I got out my Gelli Arts Printing Plate and went to town.  It didn't print AS good on the canvas, I am sure because of the texture (and I primed it first) but I think I DID get some good impressions here so overall I am pleased with it.  I may try some different things next time.  As I was printing, I decided to collage on a couple pieces of found text. Then I got out my loooovely Elna Supermatic (Her name is Ethel) and stitched away (Ethel is awesome! She is so powerful she plows through many layers).  Then, after trying it out on Canvas, I thought I would try it on some muslin.  Worked great!  This is all done with regular acrylics (Liquitex soft body and Golden).
After all that it needed something more so I printed up one of my old collage pieces (5 Senses) from a few years ago on some inkjet transfer paper. I ironed it onto a scrap of muslin that I had used on the Gelli and stitched it on.  This is 5x7 in size.

No comments: