Thursday, April 28, 2011

Theme Thursday: Vintage


This week's theme at Theme Thursday is "Vintage." Here I used a Vintage type photo stamp from I Brake For Stamps from the With Love sheet. The word "Love" is from the Journaling sheet found here (I love it-all sorts of great works in a cool type :) For this theme I used several other things that are vintage-paper, lace, and a very old gummed label. I colored in the photo image with a combination of Caran D'ache crayons mixed with water, and colored pencils blended with Gamsol. The frame around the Image is a piece of HVAC tape adhered to cardstock and ran through the good ole Grand Calibur using a Tim Holtz Embossing folder. For the aged look, I applied some black gesso over it, let it dry, and sanded off the raised areas. I also applied some rust colored alcohol ink to give it a little more age, but it is very subtle. Print paper is from Basic Grey.
As a side note-I used some Scor-tape for the first time today. Oh My! Its now my favorite tape-that stuff is GOOD!!!! I highly recommend it!


6 comments:

Jingle said...

This is very pretty!

K said...

beautiful card!

Willy said...

Lovely and beautiful card!

Sharon said...

This is wonderful - great vintage look!

indybev said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing your process of creation. Well done!

Marjie Kemper said...

This is so beautiful! Love the dark embossing folder/fade in the background.