Saturday, April 18, 2009

A new art journal page


I had fun with this one! These birds were just calling me today-so I had to use them. I have a bunch of bird and other animal magazines that my husband brought home from work for our daughter (who loves animals) and I was looking through it and found these guys. I found a portion of a Mister Rogers quote that I just loved and called to me today as well-it reads "The Greatest thing we can do is to let people know that they are loved and capable of loving"
I can't explain why that called to me today. I do try to treat all people with respect and love, no matter where I go, so maybe that is why. This was fun!
Page ingredients:
Old text, doodling, acrylics, white gel pen, masking tape, collage, drips from Color Mist Sprays

5 comments:

mary schweitzer said...

You ahev really been doing some fantastic backgrounds lately! You use of color is wonderful. Great quote. And I LOVE the tape!!
Mary

Sharon said...

I love the colors in this. And when my kids were young we watched a lot of Mr. Rogers. I loved his kindness and empathy toward all. A wonderful role model for kids and adults as well.
xoxo
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Kristy, this is so beautiful!! I love the background!! Wonderful color!!! Fantastic job!

TonyaA said...

Love this!
Blessings, peace, and love to you,
Tonya

Sandra Foster said...

Hi Kristy! I really enjoy your blog. You have it nicely "dressed".
Also like this pic you did using birds, (birds are one of my favs). I am currently doing a bird project and hope to post some of it when done.
Talk again. Sandra