Friday, November 7, 2008

Ouch Ouch double Ouch

I am home now............surgery was successful but boy do I hurt! she had to do extensive work that was not expected-all thanks to lots of scar tissue from my C-section 6 years ago! My pain level right now is high, but when I am up walking a bit it seems to help for some reason. Right now, my "Tummy Pillow" is my best friend! I don't go anywhere without it.
I don't feel like doing much but resting, and my appetite is slowly coming back-I had a couple days where I was sick because they fed me solid foods too soon (big booboo-it was an accident).
So I am taking that slowly and just eating small meals of soft foods. I am trying to be positive-yesterday was bad and it took all my energy just to get home, but I am SO glad to be home.

8 comments:

joanne wardle said...

hugs to you, kristy (but gentle ones)

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

Thank God you are home safely!! You have been in my prayers!!Hugs!! Suzan

Blaiz said...

I'm glad things went well.

After my surgery when I was in ICU, all I wanted to do was walk. It got to the point where the nurses refused to let me out of bed. But walking hurt less than lying in bed, so I understand what you're saying.

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie... I know this is not an easy time. I promise you will feel better soon. I'm glad you are back home and posting! (((HUGS)))

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Take care of you, and don't push yourself too much! Sending hugs!!
chris p

Anonymous said...

Kristy, take care of yourself and take the time to heal. You will be back on your feet before you know it. Thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

Mary S. Hunt said...

great you are home
but don't go fast...it takes more time than you want for healing to occur
and resting is a big big part of healing
it makes the cells recover
walking IS good for you just not compulsively...
hope you mend well

B.T.B.B. said...

Hi there! Glad to hear your home and loving your tummy pillow. We made a bunch of those for an enrichment one night and donated them to the hospital. Still keeping you in my prayers.