Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pain sucks and having art withdrawals in a major way


Its been a week since I have done any art at all and I am having such horrible art withdrawals.

I did see a new doctor this past week who really wants to get to the bottom of this. I have pretty much been laying around all week, not able to do much. If I am on my feet too long I have really bad pain. I have an ultrasound this tuesday so hopefully it will tell what is the cause of my pain. I suspect Endometriosis, which really stinks but can be treated. I have had a low grade temp for a week now, along with nausea and pain. I went to the urgent care last night at the advice of the on-call doctor. I was hoping to be admitted, just so they could just go in and take out whatever is causing the pain. But no such luck-the doctor thinks I can make it till Tues for the ultrasound. But I am doped up on pain pills, and sometimes the pain must be really bad 'cos through the pain med and the anti-inflammatory I still feel pain. I guess I should pop another Vicodin! I am actually surprised I can type at all right now being this doped up.

Anyway, I totally miss my art. I need to Gesso some art journal pages so I can work on them. That might be something I can do while I lay on the couch or whatever. I am feeling so out of practice already! This totally sucks!
Since I don't have any art to share, I will share my august project for Quietfire Design that I did a couple weeks back. Its a mini canvas collage, done using products that Quietfire Design carries.

3 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

So sorry to hear about your pain-hoping that your next medical visit brings you some major relief! Prayers, thoughts, and fingers crossed for you!
hugs, chris

Erin said...

I am praying for you sweetie. I know exactly what you are going though and I am amazed that you have enough energy to do what you are doing. Love Ya.
XOXO-Erin

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better! You are in my prayers.

Gorgeous piece!! Hope you are back to your art soon!