Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Beginnings of Something


Not sure what happened to me today, except I got some sudden inspiration. I started an assemblage-something I have wanted to do again for a while, but just had no inspiration. The past year or so , things that have happened in my life, have just left me with very little inspiration. I have been struggling with it in a baaaaaaaaad way. Have you ever had the desire to do it, but just flat out NO inspiration or, at the same time, drive to even try?
I mean, I have done loads of stamping-that has been more of a creative outlet. I am grateful I have even been able to do that. But I have wanted to do more than just stamping.

Thats where I have been at. For. A. Year. {seriously though, it was truly one of the worst years of my entire life} It honestly makes me SO sad. At one time I was doing this stuff ALL the time. I lived for it. I would do this for HOURS each day while my kids were in school {which as some of you know, that situation has changed.}

Today, something happened. Not sure what , really. I do know one thing though-I cleaned my art table!! I found things I forgot I had! It is not cluttered with stuff anymore, or bags, or bits of paper. It was liberating!

As I stood there admiring what I had done, suddenly I got the drive to do something. I am now asking myself, is that all I needed to do? sheesh! Thing is, all these months I had no drive to even clean my art table. Till yesterday. I was in there doing some things (had to move stuff around to be able to even work at the table) and my daughter said "I wish we could do art together" with very sad eyes. Oh.my. goodness .I HAD to do something today. It was first on the list! So now, we can do art together.

So I started getting an idea in my head, and I started. It still has a loooooooooong way to go, and honestly, not sure where its going to end up. I have some ideas floating. So with that, I will go with it!

I am proud of myself for starting something.

Each year for the past several years I have entered an art show for miniature works. Just the other day I was thinking about it, and realized I probably would not be entering this year. {sob}.

But I got the prospectus the other day and I still have a couple months. Is this fate? Possibly.


1 comment:

Barb Smith said...

I understand 110% what you're saying here...the loss of your creative drive. Sheesh, being in a creative funk feels so aweful, I know. I am so happy to hear that you're feeling the tug of your spirit to begin creating again...who cares where it takes you, just enjoy the journey! I am excited to see where it takes you.
Peace & Love,
~Barb~