Monday, March 12, 2012

playing around with some abstracts............and my art on display :)

The past week I have been taking care of a sick little girl-she has been sick at least one week out of each month the past few months. It has gone straight to her poor little lungs. I have had to get up in the middle of the night with her to do breathing treatments, etc and let me tell ya-I have been too tired to do much of anything. With her home I can't concentrate much anyhow. I have to have total concentration-if she interrupts me I find it very difficult to get back in my "zone" so I really can't paint when she is home. I have been DYING to though! Like I think I mentioned, I am feeling a serious style change coming.  Right now, I am playing, and trying new things. This will help my growth and I know this year I will grow by leaps and bounds, because that is one of my goals this year.  Today I messed around and did some small abstracts.  Just pure play and joy-painting with my hands. Here is one of them:

Just over a week ago I attended the artist reception for the juried show I am in.  I even got my husband to go with me-imagine that (I usually end up going alone)! Here's my art on display -they had them in  display cases :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

you are so tatlented. sorry your daughter has lung issues. being someone who also has lung issues i get your tiredness.

have a nice day kristy!