Thursday, July 21, 2011

Grungy Monday #16-Grungeboard Extravaganza








This week for the Grungy Monday Challenge over at Studio L3 its a Grungeboard Extravaganza!
I made a mini book from Grungepaper I cut using a Sizzix die of a File Folder (have had it forever!) for the covers and it has cardstock pages.  I embossed the grungepaper with a cuttlebug folder and applied a white ranger paintdabber and sanded it off the raised areas then applied Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  It needed more so I stamped images from I Brake For Stamps for more contrast. I cut out the center using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four. I attached a grungeboard heart with mini staples and a washer that was distressed with Distress Powder. The Mona Lisa collage image is actually one I designed some time ago (grin) and she really called to me today, so I used her for the focal image.  I used the Water Stamping technique over her using a background image of Postmarks :) It is put together with large jumprings :)

Stamp images used here:
Mystic Smile
Postmark Background
Collage text from This sheet
Harlequin background from this sheet
Postcard from this sheet

10 comments:

Linda DesGroseilliers said...

Love it, Kristy! Nice work!

Sharon said...

This is great Kristy!

Lynn Stevens said...

What a fun little book!

Beverly G said...

Great book, love the file folder covers idea.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great book- love the image and the fun grungeboard technique.

StampDancer said...

Love this! Mona is great on it!

Suzanne Bouchard said...

Oh I love this! Mona Lisa is one of my favorite stamps. I love the textured background and the overall grunge feel of your creation.

Kathy Eddy said...

It turned out great Kristy.

Unknown said...

Great stamp I love it and always looking at new ways of using it ;0) thanks for playing with grunge this week ;0) Dxx

Linda Ledbetter said...

This looks awesome, Kristy! I love that you used the file folder die for your mini book-- it's a great design and gives the piece so much character. THe stamping is great, and your Mona Lisa collage is sensational! What a lovely piece for the Grungeboard challenge!