Monday, December 13, 2010

RIP Xena


My sweet German Shepherd, Xena, had to be put down last Friday. It came very suddenly when my son found her in a place out in our yard that was not her usual spot. She had a hard time moving and just was not herself. She looked at me with very sad eyes like "Let me go" that night. We waited to see how she was the next day and she was about the same. I had to help her get up some steps and then into the car-I knew there was something wrong since she could not do it herself. As I was helping her I felt her underside and found a lump. She had multiple tumors and a very large (almost football size) tumor of the spleen. It was the most difficult decision ever to put her down, but I did not want to see my girl suffer. It is not the same anymore looking outside and not seeing her near the door wagging her tail. My son says he does not like going back there anymore. My poor little Shih-tzu is depressed too. We miss her terribly.

4 comments:

Chrissy D said...

So sorry for your loss Kristy! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss! Dogs are furry angels that are loaned to us for too short a time.

Marilyn said...

My heart hurts for you. I've been there several times and it never gets any easier. She's very pretty.

Olivia said...

I love my furry babies. One thing I think about when I lose one is the hope that they will be there to greet me one day when I cross over. I imagine them all running up to me with wagging tails, happy barking and meows. It's a nice image that comforts me. I hope it comforts you too.

Olivia