Sunday, July 19, 2009

Today's Art Play


I have just had the loveliest day today- my guys went to church and I stayed home , along with my daughter. It ws just the most quiet, peaceful afternoon I have had in ages. I did some samples for I Brake For Stamps and also did an art journal page. I am still playing, drawing faces. I want my OWN Style (which I know will take practice and perseverance), I do not like to be like everyone else (nothing against any other artists -I have utmost respect for all artists). I guess thats the rebel in me:) I have had Kelly Rae Robert's book for a while, and honestly I was about ready to sell it off, but decided to keep it a while longer. Anyway, knowing she draws faces I thought I would try my hand at doing one her style. I actually really enjoyed it.
Acrylics, charcoal, peerless watercolors, Pitt Pen, Caran D'ache Crayons, stamping and Color Mist Sprays for drip effect

4 comments:

Tolegranny said...

Your drawing is wonderful Kristy. I love the face and especially the eyes. Keep playing...you are doing great.

Anonymous said...

Kristy...awesome!!!!!! Love it!

Bell Book and Candle Mixed Media Artist said...

Kristy, love that face!! I am working on faces too, my style...it takes time...I am incorporating some of my daughter's features in my faces...in my journal...I will put a page on my blog when it is finished...keep going girl, you are amazing...and glad you had a quiet productive Sunday afternoon.

Kylie said...

Love her book and LOVE your work!! It is beautiful!