Saturday, September 13, 2008

ATC's done today


There is an upcoming ATC show in my area so I have started to make some ATC's to take for it.


The metal one was done using HVAC metal repair tape that you get at the hardware store. I love this stuff! I applied black acrylic paint to darken it up a bit. It was a little flimsy even on the cardstock so I attached it to a piece of Chipboard to make it stronger. The other bits on this were stuff I had around the house. The bottlecap is actually rusted, but you can't see that in the scan. The element in the middle was actually an old earring-I think my husband brought it home to me, like YEARS ago. It has been in a drawer of mine, waiting to be used. I just used wire cutters to cut off the earring part and voila! Worked beautifully. I just wish it would scan better!

The Angel one was done on loose canvas-I transferred the image to the canvas. The piece of Canvas was painted beforehand and stamped with text in solvent ink.
Image from CollageVisions

4 comments:

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

I do love them! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Anonymous said...

They are incredible! Gorgeous colors and patterns!

Marilyn said...

These are both beautiful. The metal art very interesting pattern and the "repurposing" of the earring creative.
I love the angel, but then I love all angels.

Art By Wanda said...

Kristy, these are both fabulous!!! Wish I could be at your swap :-))