Thursday, April 22, 2010

Playing around


I forced myself, again, to play today. I had to do something! This one uses a technique called "Metallic Parchment" from the recent Technique Junkies newsletter. Also, the green and white background is done using Letterpress with a Spellbinders Impressabilities die. The main background was so gorgeous that I didn't want to take away from that, so I used a small stamp image as the main focal point. Stamp is from I Brake For Stamps.




We are still working on trying to find the right medication for my daughter's seizure thing (and you know I don't like to say the "E" word so I won't). The first one ended up turning her into a different kid. So beginning today, we are onto medication #2. This has been so exhausting and my heart just hurts. Seeing her struggle..........has been the hardest thing ever. Some days I just take things hour by hour. ugh. She has struggled all her life. I wish I could take it away. But this morning, as I dropped her off at school, as she was walking to the entrance, I told myself "Look at her! She is walking, and going to school." We honestly never knew if that would happen. And it has. I have created a blog to chronicle her story (http://preemiesandbeyond.blogspot.com ). I hope that it may help someone , someday. We are in a hard place, but we are so blessed to be where we are, because it could be so much worse.

2 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Thank God you can see the wood for the trees, Kristy. You're right - there are lots of things to be thankful for :) Sadly, you can't take the pain and difficulties for Gilly as we'd all like to for our kids - that's one of the hardest things for Mums to learn. Hope the meds work out. LOVE that background :)

Ophelia said...

Thank you for sharing this with us.....I agree...sometimes we have to take it hour by hour. I appreciate your willingness to share your story.